Shape Sorting Cube Classic Toy
This ultimate shape sorter features 12 chunky, vibrantly colored shapes that make a satisfying "clunk" as they drop into the natural-finish hardwood cube. Then open the lid, take them out and start all over again! A classic educational toy for toddlers.
- Beautifully constructed wooden toy with 12 brightly colored, easy-to-grip shapes
- Each shape fits through a hole of the same shape on the wooden cube
- Classic learning activity with nostalgic appeal
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Promotes color and shape recognition and problem-solving skills
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to build a tower with the blocks. Help the child become familiar with the shapes and colors by identifying them as the child stacks the blocks.
- Encourage beginning counting skills by asking the child to count the blocks with you. Repeat the activity until the child is familiar with the numbers one through twelve.
- Once the child is familiar with the shapes and colors, ask the child to hand you a specific shape or color block.
Scholastic Parent & Child: Teacher's Picks April 2006